The City of Austin provides public utilities to residents of Austin and some surrounding areas. Depending on where you live, you could receive one or more utility services from the City of Austin.
Your bill includes charges for all of your City of Austin utility services. It can include charges for drainage, electricity, solid waste, street service, wastewater, and water.
Customer service representatives are available to help at our walk-in utility customer service centers and by telephone. You can also register to manage your account and pay your bill online.
Toll-free: 888-340-6465 - outside Austin
Customer service for electric, water, solid waste, and recycling services with the City of Austin.
Get help with:
- Residential and commercial utility services
- New service, transfer, or service disconnection
- Questions about your account or your bill
- Deposits and initiation fees
- Budget billing
- Payment extensions or payment options
- Help with high bills
Online Customer Care
On the web: coautilities.com
You can manage your utility services any time, day or night.
After you have established a utility service account with the City of Austin, you can register with Online Customer Care.
Log in to City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care to:
- Pay your bill
- Set up automatic payments
- Sign up for paperless eBills
- Monitor your usage
- Get tips for reducing your usage
- Read Austin Utility News monthly newsletter
- Use a variety of other features
Start, Stop, or Transfer Service
You can start, stop, or transfer utility service with the City of Austin on the phone, online, or in person:
- Call Customer Care at 512-494-9400 to speak with a representative
- Register with Online Customer Care to request new service or changes to your existing service
- Visit one of our walk-in utility customer service centers
Understand Requirements and Options for Fees and Security Deposits
The City of Austin charges fees and security deposits to start utility service. We provide ways to waive deposits, and we refund them with interest when certain conditions are met.
- Get details about residential utility fees and deposits
- Get details about commercial utility fees and deposits
Manage Your Utility Account and Request Past Records
City of Austin utility customers have a variety of options available to them to update and manage access to their utility account, add authorized users, release account information, and request past account records. Also, it's easy to update your address and phone number when needed.
Know Your Confidentiality Options and Customer Rights
Under the Texas Utilities Code, customers have a right to confidentiality in government-operated utilities. Customers can request that their personal information and information related to their volume of utility usage be kept confidential.
View Current City Utility Rates and Fees
You can view all current City of Austin utility rates and fees online.
- Understand your bill from City of Austin Utilities
- Find bill payment options that are right for you
- Learn ways to reduce electric usage and lower your bill