To reopen a utility account that was disconnected for non-payment, you will need to pay the entire past due amount and provide a receipt to verify the payment.
There are two ways to pay and get a receipt:
- Use Quick Payment.
- Go to a Utility Customer Service Center. Do not use a drop box to pay when the account is disconnected for non-payment.
There is a $25 service fee to have your service reconnected after a disconnect for non-payment.
Make a Quick Payment
If you need to make a payment immediately, you can use Quick Payment on the phone or online.
Use a credit or debit card to pay quickly online without registering. You will need a copy of your City of Austin Utilities bill on hand for the transaction. There is a convenience fee assessed for each Quick Payment: $2.39 for residential and $3.95 for commercial accounts.
Quick Payments are processed by Paymentus - our secure, third-party payment processor. When you make a quick payment, you are leaving the City of Austin website.
Pay at a Customer Service Center
Pay in Person at a Pay Station
- Find a pay station
- Ask the pay station clerk to fax your payment receipt (include account number) to 512-505-4035. The store may charge a fee for fax services.
- Then call Customer Care at 512-494-9400 to confirm receipt of the fax and request reconnection.
- View eligibility requirements for our Customer Assistance Programs
- Get tips to help manage high home energy bills