To reopen a utility account that was disconnected for non-payment, you will need to pay the entire past due amount.
There are three ways to pay:
- Make a Quick Payment
- Pay at a Customer Service Center (Do not use a drop box to pay when the account is disconnected for non-payment.)
- Pay at an Authorized Pay Station
There is a $25 service fee to have your service reconnected after a disconnect for non-payment.
Make a Quick Payment
If you need to make a payment immediately, you can use Quick Payment on the phone or online. Learn more about Quick Payment
Use a credit or debit card to pay quickly online without registering. You will need a copy of your City of Austin Utilities bill on hand for the transaction. There is a transaction fee assessed for each Quick Payment.
- Quick Payments are processed by Paymentus – our secure, third-party payment processor. When you make a quick payment, you are leaving the City of Austin website.
- One-time Quick Payments will post to your utility account on the same day. For each Quick Payment, you will receive a confirmation number for your records.
- Pay with a credit or debit card using Paymentus
|Quick Payment Transaction Fee and Limit Changes – Effective March 1, 2022|
Pay at a Customer Service Center
Pay in Person at an Authorized Pay Station
- Find an Authorized Pay Station that is convenient to you.
- You will need a copy of your City of Austin Utilities bill on hand to complete the transaction.
- After payment has been made, call Customer Care at 512-494-9400 to confirm receipt of the posted payment and request reconnection.
- View eligibility requirements for our Customer Assistance Programs
- Get tips to help manage high home energy bills