City of Austin Utility Bill Relief
As our community comes together to respond to the concerns of COVID-19, the City has taken steps to ensure customers have uninterrupted access to utility services and that customers experiencing hardships due to COVID-19 can get immediate utility bill help.
These measures are in effect indefinitely or so long as funds remain:
- All customers in need will be placed on payment arrangements.
- Customer Assistance Program (CAP) Utility Bill Discounts on electric charges are increased from 10% to 15%. Customers with household incomes at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level may receive the CAP discount.
- The Financial Support Plus 1 fund has received additional funding. Customers who experience financial hardship due to the effects of COVID-19 are eligible for the Plus 1 Program.
Normal billing operations, including the assessment of late fees, will resume beginning in November 2020. Disconnections for non-payment are expected to resume in 2021.
Customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bill should contact City of Austin Utilities at 512-494-9400 as soon as possible.
The City of Austin offers programs to help residential customers who face temporary and long-term financial difficulties as well as who have serious medical problems.
There are eligibility requirements for each program.
- CAP Utility Bill Discounts — If you or someone in your household participates in certain state, federal, or local assistance programs, you may be able to receive discounts on your utility bill.
- Financial Support Plus 1 — The Plus 1 fund provides emergency financial help if you are having temporary difficulty paying utility bills. Customers may also contribute to this fund via their monthly utility bills.
- Payment Arrangement — A payment arrangement allows you to pay off a past due bill balance over time to keep your utility account in good standing.
- Services for the Medically Vulnerable — If someone in your household has a long-term disease or critical illness, you may be eligible for the City’s registry of medically vulnerable customers and receive special support services.
- Weatherization Assistance — In addition to these City of Austin programs, Austin Energy offers no-cost home energy improvements to qualifying customers with low-to-moderate incomes. The improvements reduce energy costs, address health and safety issues, and enhance comfort.