Serious illness, a recent job loss, or other emergencies can make it difficult for some customers to pay their utility bills. The Plus 1 fund helps by providing emergency financial aid to residential customers who are having a temporary problem paying their utility bills.
Funding is distributed by local social service agencies. These agencies screen applicants, determine eligibility, and arrange for funding to be applied to the customer's utility account.
- Connect with an agency for Emergency Financial Assistance
- You must be a City of Austin utility customer to receive Plus 1 funds.
In some cases:
- You must be a current client of the agency.
- You must also reside in certain ZIP codes, where indicated.
Want to Become a Plus 1 Partner Agency?
Austin Energy, on behalf of the City of Austin, invites social service agencies to submit applications to partner in the Financial Support Plus 1 Program. Agencies granted a collaboration agreement will be allocated a predetermined amount of funds to utilize for their individual agencies.
Already a Plus 1 Partner Agency?
Partners can use the Financial Support Plus 1 Program Partner form to submit pledges for customers seeking financial assistance.
If you have difficulty contacting a Plus 1 Partner Agency or have a concern or complaint, email Bill Help.
- Want to help our neighbors in need? Contribute to the Financial Support Plus 1 fund and and other community charitable programs
- Want to help a specific friend, neighbor, or family member with their Utility Bill? Give the Gift of Comfort
Having Difficulty Paying your Bills?
AustinBillHelp.com connects customers who are having a temporary problem paying their utility bills with social service agencies in the community who can help.Get Connected Now