City of Austin Utilities Customer Care is the City's central customer service center for all billed utility services from the City of Austin.
Contact us for help with the following:
- Residential and commercial utility services
- New service, transfer, or service disconnection
- Questions about your account or your bill
- Deposits and initiation fees
- Budget billing and payment options
- Payment extensions
- Rates and fees
- Help with high bills
- Facturación y asistencia en español
- Phone — 512-494-9400
- VRS calls are accepted
- Toll-free — 888-340-6465 - outside Austin
- FAX — 512-505-4035
- FAX for letters of reference — 512-505-4037
Include your utility account number on all payments and correspondence.
- Mailing Address
City of Austin - Customer Care
721 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704-1194
- Billing Address
City of Austin - Payment Processing
PO Box 2267
Austin, TX 78783-2267
Utility Customer Service Center — North Branch
8716 Research Blvd., Suite 115
Austin, TX 78758
The North Branch location and drop box are open.Open Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Utility Customer Service Center — South Branch
1901 W. William Cannon Drive, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78745
The new South Branch location is temporarily closed for repairs. The drop box at South Branch is open.
Utility Customer Service Center — East Branch
2800 Webberville Road
Austin, TX 78702
The East Branch location and drop box are temporarily closed in response to COVID-19
COVID-19 Safety Precautions At Our Service Centers
You can expect these precautions for the safety of customers and staff:
- Face coverings are recommended in accordance with the current City of Austin Stay Home Work Safe order.
- Social distancing, traffic management markers, and occupancy limits are in place.
- Safety barriers have been installed at payment counters